Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
We've been making this vanilla ice cream all summer long! It's simple, with few ingredients, and delicious. I never get tired of classic vanilla! Cuisinart's Simple Vanilla Ice Cream recipe can be found right in the instruction booklet! (we have the ICE-70 Series model)
HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup plus 2 tbs granulated sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed or whisk to combine the milk, sugar and salt until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla extract. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- In our Cuisinart we let this churn for 20-25 minutes. We always freeze for at least a couple of more hours immediately after because we prefer a harder consistency for ice cream.
- This recipe is peanut, tree nut, sesame, and egg free. All ingredients used have been vetted for safety regarding food allergies that falls within our family's comfort level. Always check ingredients to ensure they meet your personal criteria.
- We have no affiliation with Cuisinart. This is not a paid advertisement for this brand. Just a food-allergy family who enjoys this product and doesn't mind sharing!