Eggless Apple Cider Donuts
These donuts are so delicious, and have an amazing texture despite being egg free. This is NOT my own recipe - I got it from a fellow allergy mom on the No Nuts Mom Group on Facebook. Check out the group for super helpful product information regarding food allergies, and recipes too!
I double the recipe (original only makes 6) - the first time when I doubled it I did get 12 donuts, the second time it only made 11. Listed below is the recipe already doubled.
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- 2/3 cup apple cider
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple pie spice (I use 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp nutmeg)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (I sub 2 tbs water, 1 tsp vegetable oil, 2 tsp baking powder PER egg)
- Topping Ingredients: 6 tbsp salted butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Melt butter in saucepan, stir in cider and set aside
3. Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and apple pie spice in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Mix in sugar and eggs (or egg substitute) with cider butter.
5. Mix wet and dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
6. Bake 7 minutes.
7. Topping: Melt butter, place in separate bowl.
8. Mix dry ingredients in another bowl.
9. Brush donuts with butter, and then dip into the dry mixture.
10. Allow to cool on a rack and enjoy!