Baker by Nature's Rosemary Parmesan Biscuits!
I haven't tried a recipe from Baker by Nature that I haven't liked. What makes this one even better is that we didn't have to substitute ANY ingredients to make it allergy-safe for our family! I still check brands, of course, and make sure our level of comfort is met as far as shared equipment, etc, for each ingredient. But this recipe is inherently peanut, tree nut, sesame and egg free! We loved it so much I forgot to take a picture!! They were gone before I thought about it. That must mean I should make them again.....
You can check out Ashley's recipes for yourself by following her on Facebook and Instagram (@bakerbynature) or at bakerbynature.com.
ROSEMARY PARMESAN BISCUITS
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 2 tbs granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tbs unsalted butter, very cold and cut into pieces
- 1 1/3 cups half & half
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, melted (for brushing the biscuits)
Preheat oven to 475 F, and grease a 9" pie plate
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, rosemary, and Parmesan cheese. Whisk well to combine.
- Add in the butter and toss well to coat. Using a pastry blender, or two forks, work the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles a course meal.
- Pour in the half & half and, using a rubber spatula, stir until ingredients are just combined.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of flour (about 3/4 of a cup) onto a clean work surface. Spray a 1/4 cup measuring cup with nonstick spray and scoop level amounts of the batter onto the floured surface. Sprinkle the tops of the dough lightly with some of the flour. Form each mound of dough into a ball shape, then place them in the prepared pan. It's fine if they touch each other in the pan.
- Brush the tops and sides of the biscuits with melted butter.
- Bake in preheated over for 8 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 400 F and continue baking for 14-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place pan on a cooling rack to cool for 5 minutes. Then sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve!
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 min, then let cool fully on a cooling rack.
- Please note we have no affiliation with Baker by Nature. This is not a paid advertisement for this brand. Just a food-allergy family who enjoys these recipes and doesn't mind sharing how we modify to make allergy-free for us!